Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Cute little animals make us happy!

So what's been happening the last week I hear you say? Not much.

Work has settled down for the moment.
Dee and I have $10 bets going over the weekends that we won't eat any junk outside of xmas parties. Last weekend was the first and we were both well behaved so we each got $10 to spend at Embellished this weekend. Here we come girls! We have also made a pact not to bake morning tea until next year. Which is sad because I love to bake. Baking makes me happy, but eating it makes me fat which makes me sad. A vicious cycle of happy, sad, happy, sad.
For the first time in a long while I did not do a scrap of scrapping on the weekend. It was unreal. I just hung out like a normal person. I flopped on the couch, went to the markets, walked thru a few nurseries, spent some quality time with my boy, visited my parents. I had the best weekend! And on top of all that I got all my xmas presents made! I can't share them just yet because then 'you know who' will know what she is getting. There is also something coming your way Ali, Ang and Kaylee!

The endless season of xmas parties, xmas drinks and secret santas has started already. A xmas party and a dinner date with friends last week kicked it all off. I love catching up with everyone before they all head off to their families and holidays but it is exhausting. I may have to bring my bedtime forward half an hour or so to stock up on sleep now.

Last night we took the first load od xmas to my parents to go under the tree. Yes that's right - my mum has her xmas tree up already! Jason has the biggest present again, and dad is more excited about it then anyone.

I have some lovely new recipes to try out. We are having our annual xmas morning tea at work in a few weeks and I am making savoury biscuits. They sound absolutely divine! Can't wait to see how they turn out. I going to make walnut and date biscotti and romano oat crumbles. Does it get any better? Dee is the quenn of shortbread and she is making her melt-in-your-mouth brown sugar shortbread. My tastebuds are doing a happy dance already! Don't worry, we'll share some piccies when the time comes.
Kaylee is home for xmas and we are busting to catch up.

Anyway must get my self into gear and do some work. I'll with a pic of some cute little scuplty animals and shapes that I made the other night. Catch you all later. Luv Kirsty & Dee xoxo

1 comment:

AngC said...

Hi!

Love your sculpey creations, they are too cool!! LOL about the vicious cycle... Will see you on Saturday!

Angela